Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Post!

I would never call myself a writer and this is my first attempt at blogging.  This blog will be a political blog about what I, Jesse Penick, would do as a politician and what I generally think about politics.

First and foremost, you must know a little about me.  I don't think everything should be described as liberal and conservative.  I believe our founding fathers had it right the first time.  For me the distinction between a Federalist and an Anti-Federalist is a much better declaration about your political beliefs.  I am an Anti-Federalist; the government should be much smaller than it is.  But for the sake of argument I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal/libertarian.  I say liberal/libertarian because I don't believe government has the right to get in to some social issues.  For instance, gay marriage and gays in the military.  "All men are created equal." Yes that means women too.  End of story. Period.   No reason to argue past that.  It's already been said so quit bitching about something that has nothing to do with you.  It's not in your house and it doesn't affect you in any way.

I would say I come from a pretty conservative background but there's just something right with extreme left wing and right wing people.  What's wrong with being a moderate?  Why aren't there more independents in office?  Why aren't people listening? More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment